So my English teacher had the class set up blogs yesterday in order to respond to the books we're going to be reading throughout the year. And of course, it's on the same site as this one. So I spent hours last night fiddling with trying to spy-proof this blog so the people in my class can only see the one for school. I think it worked, as far as I know. But in class today, he had us write a journal entry to post in our blogs and it was a pretty good one. Long as always. Which had everyone in the class awed by how I could write so much because when I posted it, they basically all rushed to my page to read it because they couldn't believe that I wrote 7 paragraphs on the question when they had only maybe 2 sentences written so far. So here it is, I liked what I said.
Question: Do you worry about becoming an adult? Why or why not?
Adulthood. Well it is kind of inevitable, I guess, right? Unless someone has come up with a "fountain of youth" invention that I somehow don't know about right now. So until then, I'll answer this question according to myself. I think every one has mixed feelings about getting older. When you're a kid, you don't really care about it too much in life, nor do you really notice that it's occurring. You just go about your days, all care and stress-free.
And you do have those milestones. The "terrible two's, teenage changes [[turning 13 that is]], sweet 16's." Most of us should be turning 16 this year at some point or another. It's also a pretty big year. School, the ideas of driving and getting your permit. How great is that? I don't know about you guys, but getting my permit is something that I'm looking forward to even though my birthday is in April. I just can't wait to experience the feeling of being totally free...well not totally. You still have to have a parent in the car when you drive, but it's a start to it, wouldn't you say?
And then there's 18. Where you can be legally arrested if you make stupid mistakes. But that's kind of your own fault. You also get your real license. So correction: this is the totally free feeling that I mentioned before. You can go anywhere, do anything; with some limits, of course, but it's basically all in your hands. You can vote, you pick your college for the fall, make you own decisions on the majority of everything in your life, with a few small inputs from your parents. I'm pretty excited. But I also know its a very stressful time. But hey, what's not stressful in life? That's a concept that you can't really avoid no matter how hard you try, really.
Before you know it, you're in college for 3 years, you're 21 years old. To me, a lot of responsibility comes with that. That's the year you can legally drink, and yes I say legally because I know full well of what goes on even at our age and I personally don't that it's very smart. But I'm all for experimentation. Although, there is a limit and when it gets excessive, then it gets out of hand. And no one wants that. So I prefer to save things like that for when I come of age to actually legally part take in it.
I can't really look too far into my future because I mean, how am I supposed to know what's going to happen and what's not? Nobody knows what things are in store for them until they happen. And I think that's what gives someone stress the most. What a person can't control, they fear. And that's understandable. No one's going to specifically tell you what to fear, what to expect, or what to feel in your mind. I have no clue what could even happen tomorrow, for all things considered. But I know where I'm headed and I know what I want to do with my life. But I'm an average person with average thoughts going through my head at light speed and I can't control what happens first. Though it would be cool if I could know that and in chronological order. Actually no, scratch that. I don't want to know what will happen. I want things to be surprises. Or at least sometimes unexpected. If things are predictable, then nothing has meaning to it.
So I didn't really answer the question specifically. The answer is yes. I do worry about adulthood. I never know what might happen in my life, but I'm all for the better. I do want good things to roll around for my benefit and I want things for myself that will make me something in society but I'm not going to care less about worrying with things that take place years from now. I'll save those for when they get closer.

No comments:
Post a Comment